Inadvertently, during construction projects, there are times when the road and/or right-of-way get damaged. In order to protect the road and right-of-way and to ensure that all damages are repaired, the Township requires that a permit and bond (Entrance Permit) be obtained by either the homeowner or contractor. We would appreciate your cooperation in following the list of requirements below:
- You will need an Entrance Permit from the Township, as well as, a permit from DuPage County. The County permit cannot be obtained without the Township Entrance permit.
- You need a permit to do any type of construction work on your property. If you have any permitting questions, call before starting the work.
- We will require a plat of survey with the proposed construction drawn on it.
- A check for the bond (The amount of the bond will vary depending on the project. Contact the Highway Department for bond amounts.) Credit/Debit cards are NOT accepted only cash or checks.
THERE IS TO BE NO DUMPING OR STOCKPILING OF ANY MATERIAL IN THE STREET OR RIGHT-OF-WAY DURING THE CONSTRUCTION DUMPSTERS ARE TO BE PLACED ON YOUR PROPERTY ONLY, NOT IN THE STREET OR RIGHT-OF-WAYNEW CONSTRUCTION / HOME ADDITIONS
- THE BOND LESS A 10% PROCESSING FEE WILL BE REFUNDED UPON SATISFACTORY COMPLETION OF WORK AND FINAL INSPECTION
- FAILURE TO APPLY FOR A REFUND WITHIN ONE YEAR SHALL RESULT IN A FORFEITURE OF THE BOND TO THE ROAD DISTRICT PER ORDINANCE #15-03
New Construction $1,500 bond
Home Addition / Garage $1,000 bond